On Tuesday 30 January 2007 16:19, Yehoshua (Shay) O'Hayon Suchar wrote:
> Tzahi Fadida said:
> > I tried 7z but after about 12% of archiving it gives a weird error:
> > "Error:
> >

> > System error:
> > Too many open files "
> > (and this file was never opened :).
> >
> > What can i do?
>
> Could be that the error has something to do with the limit of file
> descriptors in the system?

Sorry for not responding earlier. My system crashed and i had to restore from
backups.
I did not really understand this. Are you saying there is a limit on the
number of files i can tar gz?
I also make backups of my emails and there can be as much as a million files,
pherhaps more because of the mbox style(i think) of holding mails.

> Check out this: http://bcr2.uwaterloo.ca/~brecht/servers/openfiles.html

Regards,
        Tzahi.
--