(i'll top post you too! ;)

i used to use xfig to make drawings at work. i got tired of the crummy interface, and after some searches found dia - which does everything better then xfig, and looks better. i'm not sure xfig is being developed any more. i use dia whenever i need something, and it is _almost_ good enough - it has some quirks regarding movement of objects which are connected with lines - the ability to control the lines is not "good enough" - and i need to handle by hand things that could have been better automated.

i never worked seriously with visio, so i can't compare - rumurs say visio is much better - however, my few attempts to use it have found problems with it too. how i miss McDraw..... :0

--guy

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
You reminded me of xfig. I haven't used it in years but I seem to remember
that I very quickly was able to learn enough to make very good drawings.

Michael