This[1] is an evident the erratic mouse issue is relating to acpi.
[1] http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?threadid=339117

On 3/5/07, Elazar Leibovich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm having an ubuntu Edge Eft (2.6.17-11-generic) system with a ps2
mouse. After a period of times it moves randomly clicking spots on the
screen. For reference, the system is affected by the bug mentioned
here[1] on USB HID wireless mice from HP.
Anyone know a cure for that?
PS this is a reason for the claim that linux is not for the home user
yet. I'm using windows since 95 on various hardwares, and never
occured a problem with the crucial input/output
(screen/keyboard/mouse).