On 3/7/07, Boaz Rymland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

What you are referring to is off-line execution of PHP. I know there are
ways to do it in other web-targeted scripting languages. In PHP I'm not
aware of free implementation of this functionality. I am familiar with
commercial solution for that. Zend (which is where your truly works for)
happens to sell a server side application which does this, among the
rest. Its far from free (in any meaning), but it does just what you are
looking for... :-) . For more details check here:
http://www.zend.com/products/zend_platform/what_s_new (see "Job Queues"
- first in the "new features" list).

Thanks for the feedback.  Actually, I'm looking for something free
(beer), free (speech) and easy to implement.  It's just a free service
I give to the public.  I know it can be used to spam knesset members,
but maybe this will convince them to legally ban spam :-) I could also
set up a mail alias that will forward mail to all the 121 addresses
(includng [EMAIL PROTECTED]), but I want each MK to be the only
recipient to a "personal" message sent to him.  Maybe I should have
impleneted it using a procmail script.  But I don't know procmail that
well.  Do you?  And besides, if I set up a mail alias and spam is sent
to it, then they will really receive a lot of spam from my server.

I don't think my server will be marked as spammer in RBL for this
little feature... but who knows?  I can always remove it if I want to.

But on the other hand, I might get phone calls from angry police
officers asking me to reveal IP addresses of users who used it to send
anonymous mail.  I already received such calls in the past.  I never
revealed any information, except once, when they came to my house with
a court order.  But I regret it.  Next time I will not reveal
anything.  I don't track anything anyway (except what the server does
automatically.  And please, government people, pretend you haven't
read that!)