On Thu, Mar 22, 2007, Peter wrote about "Re: Blooming Filters (was: Re: [Job]
MySQL consultation)":
> The 'Blooming' name was an unfortunate choice. The people who came up
> with that are Israelis I think. Try to find their other academic work
> and trace them, and see where they 'play'. Maybe you can talk to them.

Yes. Who would want to use a blooming filter???
(if someone doesn't understand what's funny about that, consult a dictionary
of British slang, or m-w.com).

Reminds me of a group in my workplace whose abbreviated name is "STD".
Unfortunately, when I found out about it, and told them what "STD" means
to the typical American, it was too late to change the group's name.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Thursday, Mar 22 2007, 3 Nisan 5767
Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |Why do we drive on a parkway and park on