Hello all,

last week the spam filters on the list ate two of my messages. They were large messages and I put a lot of effort into them. In the past few weeks this has happened a few times. Obviously I have been wasting my time writing them. Subsequent reporting of a message by an admin did not make it appear.

The time has come to ask the question whether ilnux-il admins will consider giving up spam filtering the mailing list. I am subscribed to a number of mailing lists and none filter or moderate postings without explicitly saying so and especially without offering recourse. linux-il is the only one.

I consider that subscribed and verified (at least by email confirmation and captcha) members of a mailing list can be trusted to not flood the list with spam (which would result in their being banned). Electronic chaperones are not welcome. Especially chaperones which have proven that they will cause data loss as they did for me.

I would like to have a clear answer about why the linux-il list has a spam filter although it is a closed list as any other, who decided o install it, and whether removing (not just for me) it is an option that will be considered. If the answer is no, I may consider unsubscribing. There is no point in posting to a Russian Roulette list that may delete those postings I put most effort into (and has done so repeatedly so far). I can follow the list from an archive without wasting any time composing messages that will be deleted.

I am awaiting response,

thanks,
Peter