On 22/04/07, shimi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It then resumed running with the same delta from the quarter hour until
00:02am on Apr 21. A bit later, I see that ntpd reports that ntp had no
servers available to sync (at 2:31am). Doesn't seem related, but I am
mentioning it anyways, as cron is, after all, time based.

Strange that you get it now. The last threat I read on the other linux
related mailing list I follow was also about a system time going crazy -
flipping 32 minutes back and forth every second or so.

Can you try running "date" manually a few times from the shell and say what
you see?

Might worth googling for news about the ntp.org web site, maybe it (or the
NTP network) is under attack.

--Amos