On 4/22/07, Amos Shapira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 22/04/07, Gil Freund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 4/22/07, Amos Shapira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 22/04/07, Gil Freund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > True, however:
> > > 1.  Scalix is a free (as in beer), there is still HP/Samsung code in
it.
> > > 2.  Scalix has the least feature
> >
> > *least* features?  I haven't got around to test it myself but their web
site
> > left me with the impression it aims (and achieves) for the goal of
providing
> > all the features of Outlook/Exchange (yes, implied joke here about virus
> > infections :), and it's 100% transparent to Outlook users.
> >
> > What sort of features does it lack?
>
> Scalix has mail, contact and group scheduling (and Outlook like Ajax
client).

> OX and Egroupware go beyond that: Project management, DMS, Wiki,
> discussion groups, linking, etc.
>
> Zimbra has Zimlets, which can offer similar functions.

OK, so just to clarify this - sounds to me like Scalix provides the same
functionality as Exchange, isn't it?

Correct, ONLY the functionally of exchange.

I understand how the other features could be useful for group cooperation,
but my main focus is finding a replacement for Exchange that Outlook users
can live with (with hope that one day I'll be able to get rid of it in my
office).

Scalix seems good enough for that.

PS - what's "linking"?

Linking a document to a meeting, to a project, to a contact, etc.

Thanks.

--Amos

--
Gil Freund, Systems Analyst