Hi,

I don't argue the GNU ideology now, I just believe that PRACTICALLY there
are no "software houses" (or individual programmers) in Israel which produce
GPL software as their main business, and which survive and succeed for more
than 5 years.

I have worked in various jobs (sub contractor) with GPL code and
contributed back, either patches (for configuring and compiling),
either SPEC or RPMs, and lots of scripts for people who asked me, all
under GPL.

Today, at my work, I work with several dozens of applications, all are
open source, some GPL and some other open-source license, and if I'm
modifing/adding stuff, I'll ask my company management and I'll submit
the code back.

Is it good enough example? :)

I also know that quite a lot of companies (like Shachar's LinGNU),
qumranet (KVM modules inside the kernel is their code), and quite few
other companies are working on GPL code, and those programming make
pretty good salaries, and most of them contribute the code back to the
community.

Thanks,
Hetz

--
Skepticism is the lazy person's default position.
Visit my blog (hebrew) for things that (sometimes) matter: