On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 01:00:33PM +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> I'm saying all of this just to point out that I have done relicensing
> for a pay (or, more precisely, offered to do) myself. That is not the
> part that angers me about MySQL AB. What I don't like about it is the
> misrepresentation.

What bothers me is releasing a buggy, low function program ONLY as GPL,
and soliciting people to contribute fixes and upgrades with the clearly
stated promise that the code will remain GPL (free).

Then someone comes along and offers big bucks, so the same code is now
released as version 2, with a dual commercial/GPL license.

In one case the people who did contribute code were not offered any
compensation for their work, nor were they allowed to have their work
removed from the nonGPL version.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel [EMAIL PROTECTED]  N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838