I'm very satisfied with the atheros open source driver - www.madwifi.org.
This is the atheros based PCI card I bought for my PC: http://www.lamir.co.il/product.asp?product=2213,
but maybe there are newer ones, I bought this one in October.

G'luck

- Oren

Geoff Shang wrote:
Hi,

I've got an Edimax wireless router (not sure of the model number as I can't read it),and now need some PC hardware to go with it.

1. I need a PCMCIA wireless adaptor or something else suitable for a laptop.

2.  I need something suitable for a desktop PC.

Obviously I'm looking for something that works under Linux, as well as that other operating system. The router can do 54 mbps wireless and I have it set up to use WPA2(AES) with pre-shared keys, so the hardware should support this too.

This is my first step into wireless networking, so any recommendations or additional advice will be most welcome.

Cheers,
Geoff.