Hello,

We are looking at enhancing one of our servers, which runs CentOS 5 on
amd64, for HA using Linux Virtual Servers (LVS). The server runs a web
site using MySQL 5.0.22 and of course we'll need to replicate that on
the second server as well.

Is MySQL Cluster the right solution for us?

At least for now, we think we can do with a master-slave solution
(i.e. only one server serving while the other is in "hot standby"),
but if it's possible to take advantage of both servers at the same
time and double our capacity then it would be very useful too.

I also have a small web service using PostgresQL (8.1.9, from CentOS
packages) on the same server which will also have to be replicated.
What do people usually use to do this? Is PGCluster a practical
option?

Thanks,

--Amos