Kfir Lavi wrote:

On Nov 25, 2007 12:12 PM, Amos Shapira <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    On 25/11/2007, Kfir Lavi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
    > If it is not a problem, just install web server and install your
    machines
    > from http repository.
    > Your web server will export the dvd content via http.
    > This is the easiest solution I can think of.

    Thanks. I've already installed apache on that other server and will
    probably try it tomorrow when I get back in the office.

    Am I right to assume that I should loop-mount the DVD image and point
    the HTTP URL to the root of this loop-mount?

You will need to point to the RPM directory, but I have worked with it a long time ago. Try to look on the console (ALT-F4 or something) when installing, in order to see on where it try to find the packages, after you provide the http url to the repository.

Good luck,
Kfir

I don't recall if this was already mentioned: for http (and ftp) installs, you indeed have to point to a directory with the rpm files. However installing over nfs you point to an exported directory with the original iso file. No need for loop-back mounting.
See here:
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-steps-network-installs-x86.html

--
Micha

    Cheers,

    --Amos

    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This mail was sent via Kinneret Mail-SeCure System.

--
Micha Silver
Arava Development Co