On 25/11/2007, Micha Silver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't recall if this was already mentioned: for http (and ftp)
> installs, you indeed have to point to a directory with the rpm files.
> However installing over nfs you point to an exported directory with the
> original iso file. No need for loop-back mounting.
> See here:
> http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-steps-network-installs-x86.html

Thanks for the pointer but still it's a no-go. I tried that (pointing
to a directory with an iso file) as well before and again today and
this is what I get:

1. A pop-up window saying "unable to mount NFS location"
2. In the X console from which I executed virt-manager I get:

mount.nfs: mount point /var/lib/xen/xennfs.W6XQ2E is not a directory
umount: /var/lib/xen/xennfs.W6XQ2E: not mounted

("W6XQ2E" changing every time I try).

The path I gave in the "Install media URL" was
"nfs:192.168.0.218:/root/iso", which had the CentOS iso file under it.
Pointing directly to the iso file made virt-manager try to mount the
file itself over NFS (which can't work - NFS can only mount
directories).

I can mount /root/iso alright from the command line and even
loop-mount the iso image, so it's not an issue with /etc/exports or
something.

I eventually copied out the content of the CentOS iso file onto a
regular directory ("mount -o loop ...; cp -a ...") and got it working
this way.

It's still annoying that I had to copy files outside the ISO image.
Maybe I could avoid that if I used the HTTP method.

BTW - the virt-manager version I have is 0.2.6.

Cheers,

--Amos