On Thursday, 20 בDecember 2007, Oded Arbel wrote:
> I haven't calculated diffs exactly yet, but on first glance it looks
> like eth0 interrupts are happening at about 150 a second while cciss0
> interrupts are happening at about 20 per second.

Well, ~150 interrupts/seconds is very low interrupt rate and
should not cause a significant load *unless* they are doing
a heavy work in each interrupt.

[as a reference, on a specific device family I work, we use
 a *minimum* of 1000 interrupts/second even on very low-end
 hosts. When we connect several devices on a bit stonger hosts
 (single cpu) we normally get around ~4000 interrupts/second]

I still tend to suspect the disk controller although its
interrupt rate is really low. Maybe you can test this (run
some I/O bound process like 'find /' and see if it affects
on the hardware interrupts load in top.

If all else fails, than you may want to start using oprofile.

Hope it helps,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  http://www.actcom.co.il/~oron
ICQ UIN: 16527398

Free software: each person contributes a brick, but ultimately each
person receives a house in return.
           -- Brendan Scott