Hi Erez!

On Tuesday 01 January 2008, Erez D wrote:
> shlomi, that was the important things ?
>
> what about the fact that google knows everything about you ?
> if you use it for buying things online, than google has your name, adress,
> id etc ...
> and google knows also what you are searching for (if you search via google)
> and usually knows what sites you surf to (torrent, porn, hackers etc ...)
> via googleanalytics ...
> and where you were if you are using google-maps+gps ...
> and more ....
>
> i think that is more important than not being able to right click -> reply

Well, not only did you top-post, but you've diverted the discussion into a
completely different angle. Possibly a non-sequitur -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic) . I didn't talk about the
privacy issues involved with Google in general and GMail.com in particular.
As much as I'm aware of this issue, I didn't seem to suffer from it so far
(as Nadav mentioned) and it is global to all popular web-services in the
WWW-oriented world. One can take some client-side measures to mitigate them,
but I didn't bother so far.

What I did talk about were usability problems in GMail.com, which cause me to
still prefer KMail. These affect my day to day use of email, and bother me or
make me more content in using the program or service.

If you want to discuss the Google.com privacy issues feel free to do so, but I
won't take any further part in it. These privacy issues don't affect the
usability of the email service I'm using so I'll keep it as that.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish