Shlomi Fish wrote:
Hi all!

Does anyone know of a utility that will dump meta-data for all files under a given directory and all of its sub-directories? By meta-data, I mean file size, mtime/atime/ctime, uid/gid, etc. and possibly some user-specified hashes (MD5, SHA1, etc.). I'd like the dump to be a well-structured, preferably textual, but easily understood format. I'm not interested in preserving the contents (or else I would have used tar)

So far I've been using an ad-hoc combination of ls -lR and find, but they suffer on being not well-formed.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

How about using stat on each file, something like:

find -exec stat {} \;

Cheers
--
Meir