Hi Rami,

Thanks a lot for the comments.

On 3/17/08, Rami Rosen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  3) The 2.4 kernel does not have any IPSec support (not for IPV6 ; I think
> that
>  also not for IPV4).
>
>  IPSec is mandatory according to the latest IPV6 spec and is
>  optional in IPV4 spec (although most operating systems, including Linux and
>  OpenSolaris had implemented it also as part of IPV4).
>
>  See, for example, in RFC 2401, (Security Architecture for the Internet
>  Protocol),
>  although it is **not** mentioned in your list.

I am aware of the requirement. I have an indication (that I did not
mention) that it may be optional in the short term, and I wanted the
list to be minimal (and I wrote "at least these"). ;-) I did miss the
fact that 2.4 does not support IPSec, so it is an important comment
indeed.

Thanks a lot again,

--
Oleg.