Hi fellow list members,
A client of mine recently moved from H-DSL to "timsoret" (fractional E1) with Netvision in Jerusalem. The client retained the same IP addresses. Following the move we noticed that a large fraction of the SYN packets from remote addresses do not get through to the external interface of the router, *from some IP addresses*. From other IP addresses the SYN packets always get through. To make matters worse, ping packets always get through from anywhere regardless of their size.

I demonstrated the problem to a Netvision support engineer who was able to reproduce the problem on his own but is not able to say if the packets leave the Netvision router or just never get even that far. Nevertheless, Netvision denies that there is a problem and claims that they have no way of sniffing a packet from a particular address though their routing cloud.

What should we do next?

 - yba

--
 EE 77 7F 30 4A 64 2E C5  83 5F E7 49 A6 82 29 BA    ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
     - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - tel: +972.2.679.5364, http://www.tkos.co.il -