Hi,

2008/4/5 Uri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Dear linux-il friends,
>
> 1. I'm very concerned with freedom of speech online, especially today
> when the www and Internet has become so commercial.  When the big
> corporations control the Internet, or at least to some extent are
> controlling the Internet, some things can't be said and some ideas
> can't be expressed without being censored or sued.  There are a few
> issues I want to discuss related to this, it's off topic linux but
> related to open source and freedom of speech so I think it's better if
> you reply off list to my posts or write me directly, I'm not writing
> everything here because it's long and I don't want to spam the list.

I somehow have a feeling that many people from here already marked a
message from you as SPAM and kicked this message.

> 2. I need some information and advice about open source software for
> exchanging files and ideas, and I'm also looking for people to support
> and help coding or finding people who can help coding and also (before
> coding) designing the technical issues involved here. It's long and
> off topic so if you are interested please see more information here:
> http://www.speedy.net/uri/blog/?p=83

I read your idea, and I would like to say few comments both to you and
to people who might want to join you:

1. You're thinking about creating yet another file sharing company.
Find yourself some lawyers.
2. As a person who previously "matched" between companies and
developers, I would say to any developer who wants to join you, that
you are a "Red Risk", which means that developers should ask for cash
(and not Shotef+30 or anything like that) or bank's cheque or a bank
guarantee. Why? because you either do not know the law in Israel
and/or being fully Naive.
3. Of course, any developer who "accidentally" served in the Israeli
army should NOT try to work with you or else you'll mock and insult
him, just like what you did 1-2 years ago, an act that was fully
childish behavior.

> 3. I recently joined facebook but my account was disabled and I
> decided to leave. It's also related to me being politically active and
> also me criticizing facebook. There are many people who use mainly
> facebook to communicate with other people and I can't communicate with
> these people (including my friends) and by the way things I wrote have
> been removed from Wikipedia talk pages and I was asked to leave and
> not return to this website too. http://www.speedy.net/uri/blog/?p=81

Hmm, I wonder why they banned you  :)

> 4. I'm currently looking for work. If you know something please let me
> know privately. You can see my profile at LinkedIn:
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/urievenchen

With your behavior? with your history? any potential employer who will
Google you will throw your CV to the trash after 3 minutes. You
clearly alienated tons of people with your act and any HR clerk with
half a brain who will google you and see the results, will think that
you are a "trouble maker", and thats a big red-flag to them, which
means they won't accept you.

In all honesty Uri, you made few very-public mistakes by flaming many
Israelis on your web site's banner only because they served in the
army, and you keep doing so on other places till today. I've seen that
you've become a "spiritual" guy, and one of the things that any
spiritual things that you learn is to accept the other, even if his
opinions are the opposite of yours. I myself write a blog and I wtite
my political opinions there (I'm from the right-side of the political
map), but I totally respect people who disagree with me. It's very
important to separate a political opinion from a person and a basic
respect should be given.

I think you should apologize to many people who were insulted by your actions.

Thanks,
Hetz
--
Skepticism is the lazy person's default position.
my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org