Hi all,

My memory seems to remember that there was a way to create a loop device
that not only does not start from the beginning of the file looped
(which is possible using the losetup "-o" parameter), but also limits
the kernel from reaching the very end of the file looped.

Going over the kernel source reveals that the LOOP_SET_STATUS64 does,
indeed, have a "sizelimit" field that seems to do exactly that. Going
over the losetup sources, on the other hand, seems to show that the
utility does not accept such a parameter, despite my memory telling me
that it used to.

If anyone can shed any light, it would be useful.

Shachar