On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 5:08 AM, Shachar Shemesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  If I am (and it appears that I am) to write my own program, I know how to
> do that. I am just a little disappointed that the program I wanted to do as
> a shell script I will now have to do as a C compiled program. I may do it in
> perl, if I feel up to scaling the ioctl conversions required.

I too remember finding a solution for this a long time ago but can't
find it now.

What do you want to access this section of the file as? If it's a
filesystem that you want to mount then the filesystem will ignore the
tail of the file which isn't format as part of it anyway.

Perl ioctl shouldn't be too hard these days, and will probably allow
your program to be much easier to install.

--Amos