sara fink wrote:
Few rules from an "expert".
1. Try to ping some web site. google, ynet (to compare).
2. with mtr you can detect the ip from where you get packet loss.
3. traceroute google.com (if you see *** at some part of the trace,
you hit a firewall).
4. tcptraceroute google.com (bypass firewall. Sometimes you get there
********, 2nd proof of firewall).
5. hping2 to bypass  firewall.
5. use firewalk . Firewalk  is  an active reconnaissance network
security tool that attempts to determine what layer 4 protocols a
given IP forwarding device will pass. I recommend to read the man of
firewalk.
6. If you have the ip (from mtr) go to http://www.dnsstuff.com and put
the ip there. You will find if this belongs to hot or bezeq. Some
interesting things you will find there.
7. nmap to check how harsh the firewall is. Contact me in private to
give you the flags.
8. One more friendly advice, don't tell them you have linux. You will
get immediately the reply "we don't support linux".
Just a word of warning, if I may. According to some interpretation of the law, some of the activities you recommend may be regarded illegal. This is not my personal opinion, and there is a precedence in "our" favor (State vs. Avi Mizrachi[1], by judge Avraham Tenenboum), but the next judge may not be as level headed[2] as that one, especially since this judge is doing mostly traffic court these days.

Obviously, I am not a lawyer.

Shachar

1 - http://halemo.net/edoar/0045/mossad.htm
2 - http://blog.shemesh.biz/?p=471