sara fink wrote:
Well, I tell linux to the isp and those linux guys return back to me,
even if it takes more than 24 hours. BUT, when dealing with stupid hot
service, I learned I have to lie in order to get the service I want.
I don't do my internet (nor TV, or Telephony, especially after they sent a goon to threaten lawsuit against me if I don't become a subscriber - ordered Yes that very same day) through Hot. However, I found that saying "Linux", and if the support technician stumbles tell him "just assume it's windows" usually works.

My GF, back at the time when we were not living together, actually had an ADSL technician over the phone say that he didn't think it's possible to connect the USB junk modem she had through Linux. Her reply was mostly "I don't know - my BF did it, but obviously it's possible".

So, yes, tell them "Linux", and then deal with it as it comes.

Shachar

Footnote:
Not every error is up to infra. Today I had a case of very slow downloads + a message from some anti-virus replacing a sourceforge site, saying my computer may be at risk. While I was trying to set up wireshark to try and prove that it was the wire that was changing the traffic, I found out that my wireless connected, by mistake, to the neighbors. I reattached it to my own connection, and all the problems went away. I don't even know what gateway setup could have caused it.