Lev Olshvang wrote:

Gilad, thank you very much.

It is exactly what I was looking for.
Glad I could help.

Perhaps you could also advise me on the second item I posted recenly :
"What is a proper way to make User mode device (pseudo device)  ?"

May be my question was not expresssed in a proper terminology  ?

Simply hijack the ioctl system call using a custom shared library and LD_PRELOAD.

For explanation on how to do this, complete with a code example (well, it hijacks the "sleep" system call, not ioctl() but you'll get the idea), see the slides that follows "Having fun with the dynamic linker" in the following presentation:

http://codefidence.com/posts/windriver-dynamic-linker

Happy hacking,
Gilad

--