Hi,

I have investigated the issue a bit more.

Apparently it's not X fault (xev shows the exact keycode, whether it's
in english or hebrew when pressing CTRL). I have tested this issue
with GMail's rich text editing, and it works perfectly (pressing CTRL
B or CTRL U while typing in hebrew).

It seems that the issue appears only with online rich text editors who
uses TinyMCE on Firefox (2.x/3.x) in Linux.

I have submitted a bug about this issue, and you can see it here:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=635682&aid=1981482&group_id=103281

Thanks,
Hetz