Chiming in the discussion, my 7 agorot (2 cents) are as follows.

The mindset of the Openmoko developers seems to me to be
anti-accessibility.

It stands to reason that they'll turn down requests to provide for
accessibility to people with disabilities.  The devices are probably
inherently unusable by blind people (like music for deaf people).
However, deaf people can be victimized by software, which beeps without
visual indication.  Color-blind people can be victimized by software UI
design, which relies too much on color cues, and which does not provide
for ability to change colors.  Epileptic people can be victimized by
software, which insists upon blinking.

Nevertheless, the percentage of those people in the general population
is small enough for the Openmoko to make a case for ignoring their
needs, much the same way they make a case for ignoring the needs of RTL
people.
                                           --- Omer

--
"Kosher" Cellphones (cellphones with blocked SMS, video and Internet)
are menace to the deaf.  They must be outlawed!

I may be affiliated in any way.