Skype has it's own VoIP protocol. and it does not use any common
protocol such as SIP, H232 etc...
The Skype codec is high-availability codec, that is, it attempt to
compress the audio (and video) and giving your CPU to work a lot more,
while trying to keep law bandwidth.

That's of corse on theory only, and might changed on any giving point
with Skype.

Ido

http://ik.homelinux.org/