sara fink wrote:

And in cases of skype clients pc-pc?

Assuming that Skype is in fact using iSAC as stated by other posters, this would be the codec used for PC to PC cals. According to the developer's spec sheet, iSAC provides 16 kHz sampling using a bitrate of 10kbps to 32kbps. http://www.gipscorp.com/files/english/datasheets/iSAC.pdf

I personally thought that Skype sounded more like 22 kHz rather than 16 but I could be wrong.

Of course, Skype does other things apart from voice communications, and if you have a connection able to act as a supernode then Skype may decide to use it as such, so your bandwidth usage may be a lot higher. As far as I know, there is no way to tell Skype that you don't want to be a supernode.

Geoff.