On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:04:55AM +0300, Nadav Har'El wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something, but to me, calling the US over my plain-old
> telephone costs 10 agorot a minute - almost the same as it costs me to
> call inside Israel, and 3 times cheaper than to call an Israeli cellphone!
>
> So what's the point of these services?

It depends upon what you want and the price. 10ag a minute is a really
cheap rate, who do you get it with, and what are the terms?

The point of the service is that you get a virtual U.S. phone, complete
with incoming number, etc.

Depending upon how many calls you make a month and how long you stay on,
the price can mount. We don't use ours a lot, but I know someone who calls
his father in the U.S. twice a day.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel [EMAIL PROTECTED]  N3OWJ/4X1GM