My first advice is to lie about the OS. Sadly that's the case.  Or tell them
you have  another pc with windows and  you have the same problem.
2nd advice, tell them that you checked at a neigbour and everything is ok.
See their reaction on that.
3. Business account, threaten them. You lose money. Assertive, that's the
name of the game.

For the technical problems, try the following things:
1. reduce mtu to 1400-1450. That's what I was adviced from an expert.
2.  When you ping change the size of the packet gradually. the default for
ping on linux is 64 bytes. Try to increase it. I bet you will have more
packet loss as you increase.
3. Install the program mtr and see exactly where the packet loss occurs.
http://www.bitwizard.nl/mtr/
Once you pinpoint where the problem is, you can go to complain. Not sure it
will help. I have the same saga with hot. ;-( Hot are even worse, because
they don't want to admit.

If they say configure the router, ask them what parameters you should
reconfigure.  If they don't know, ask a superior person.

The packet loss is outside the country or in Israel?