On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 01:44:12PM -0800, Valery Reznic wrote:

> [...]

Yikes, why would you come to that?

> Additional to second line "|| { rm -f $@ ...}" ensure that in case of
> some failure no target file remain. So wrong / incomplete file can't
> be occassionly used.

Here's a similar version that is functionality-equivalent:

all: figure1_fixed.eps

%_fixed.eps: %.eps
[tab] # rm -f $@
[tab] eps2eps $< $@

gmake deletes failed products of failed automatic targets that are in
the middle of a chain.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzaf...@jabber.org | VIM is
tzaf...@cohens.org.il |                    |  best