On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:06:55PM +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

Here is the situation as I see it:
Reply to all: You respect each individual's preferences regarding how many copies they want to receive. Reply: You want to send a private reply, only to the sender (impossible when the list has "reply to list")
And the non-standard buttons
Reply to sender: Only makes sense in order to override lists with the broken "reply to list" header. Reply to list: You force people like me to get only one copy against my wish, and you are proud of it.

The problem with that is not everyone uses complicated mailers. I am using
MUTT on a Linux system (this is a Linux list after) all, which is the same
mailer, with "improvements" that I have been using since 1991 when I got
my domain name and found out that UNIX mail would only put UUCP return
paths.

I only have two choices, "reply to sender" and "reply to everyone" which replies to everyone in the sender and CC headers. I think it is smart enough not to reply twice to someone who is in both, but that's as far as it goes.

No, I have no intention of using a web mail interface, although I have
access to a particularly good one, a graphic mailer, mail.app, outlook,
outlook excess or anything else.
Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel g...@mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM