Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:06:55PM +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

Here is the situation as I see it:
Reply to all: You respect each individual's preferences regarding how many copies they want to receive. Reply: You want to send a private reply, only to the sender (impossible when the list has "reply to list")
And the non-standard buttons
Reply to sender: Only makes sense in order to override lists with the broken "reply to list" header. Reply to list: You force people like me to get only one copy against my wish, and you are proud of it.

The problem with that is not everyone uses complicated mailers.
Which is why I'm advocating the use of the first two. Even you have those.

I only have two choices, "reply to sender"
which I called "reply"
and "reply to everyone"
Which I called "reply to all".

Shachar