sammy ominsky wrote:

Worse than that, asterisk will not work in an OpenVZ VE unless you have access to the underlying host to install the zaptel kernel modules.

Is this the case now? I know is used to be the case that you only needed zaptel if you were going to use a device that needed it or you needed the timing it provided (e.g. to run a conference bridge).

I have it running on a machine running Debian Etch and it's not running Zaptel and in fact doesn't even list it as a dependency. Of course it is running Asterisk 1.2.13 so this may not apply to newer versions. Though it also occurs to me that we're running 1.4.18.1 on a Xen'based virtual host and, apart from the lack of MeetMe, is also running fine without Zaptel.

Geoff.