> I think we should send them a really fancy letter with a few dozen
> signatures, saying thanks for finally fixing it. I'm not cynical. they
> got "nags" and negative rap from us all the years, they need to get
> appreciation too.
>
> Newspaper reporters and people who bump into FOSS zealots in Ynet
> talkbacks usually (understandably) see us as a bunch of complaining
> elitist techno-snobs.  I say we should show our other side and give some
> kudos once in a while when someone does the RIGHT thing.
>
> (In other words, they think we are Hammas, we need to show them we are
> not even Fatah, maybe Hada"sh at worst :-)
>
> Even if it's late and partial, we can send them positive remarks for
> congratulating them on how far they've come instead of only (or first)
> complaining about what still needs to be done.
>
> So how about if a bunch of us write Leumi some "thank you" notes, or
> send them a big fancy "Thank you" kind of thing with 30 signatures, so
> they can frame and hang on their wall, and later we could get companies
> to get their sites corrected and we better rap in the press. We can even
> join hands the some computer usability SIG or ISOC, ILA or some adult
> computer literacy NGO that was helped by this. We should try to try and
> make it a bigger, more impressive gesture.
>
> Is it corny?
>  - sure, CEOs love corny...
>
> Is it a bit kitch and looks a little out of integrity?
>  - Could be, but the long-term benefits are effective dialogs with the
>   next businesses that run broken sites.
>  - Ideally, In time, such endoresment might be actually catch on, and
>   since Hamakor won't be selling them for kickbacks, companies will
>   actually have to fix sites to get one :-)
>
> Anyone cares to take this further?
>
> Ori Idan, are you doing any PR of this kind today?
>
> Ira.
>
> (and, as if often does, my random sig pulls out a bull's eye :-)

If you are a Bank Leumi customer, then write to them and tell them
that you thank them. I myself closed my account in 2001.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-ح-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه‍-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-Р-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-Э-Ю-Я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü