I know for a fact that both Cellcom and Orange initially blocked VoIP
ports on their data services network.  Following some "pressure" ;)
applied on them (by us as well); the networks were opened and today
"theoretically" support VoIP applications.  The current issue with the
providers are the fact that their data network coverage is not similar
to their GSM coverage.  in many locations you will be able to talk via
GSM, but receive a very poor data connection.
Skype is a different issue since it communicate via port 80, though
need a much more advance management tools to be filtered (what's
called Traffic shaping).

It is my own believe that the cellular provider will do what ever in
their power to delay the entry of VoIP application to their networks
from reason discussed.

BTW, if anybody needs a SkypeIn on Israeli numbers, let me know.

nir

--
Regards,

Nir Grinberg