Hello,
 I have support in hebrew on my Linux desktop (Fedora 10).
I can switch to hebrew with the keyboard indicator and it works.

Say I want to perform a simple operation in terminal: rename a file
named a.txt to קובץ.txt

I type:
"mv a.txt" and then, when I type: ק and then ו and then "ב" and then
"ץ" it shows:
 ץבוק

I can of course write the letters in reverse order, but this is not
comfortable to do it for each rename
operation.

Is there a way to solve this ? If I am not wrong I heard about some
BIDI support, but it seems to me that this BIDI support is for some
specific word processing/editors. I an talking about the
gnome-terminal.

Rgs,