Quoting Dan Shimshoni <danshi...@gmail.com>:

Hello,
 I have support in hebrew on my Linux desktop (Fedora 10).
I can switch to hebrew with the keyboard indicator and it works.

Say I want to perform a simple operation in terminal: rename a file
named a.txt to קובץ.txt

I type:
"mv a.txt" and then, when I type: ק and then ו and then "ב" and then
"ץ" it shows:
 ץבוק

I can of course write the letters in reverse order, but this is not
comfortable to do it for each rename
operation.

Is there a way to solve this ? If I am not wrong I heard about some
BIDI support, but it seems to me that this BIDI support is for some
specific word processing/editors. I an talking about the
gnome-terminal.

First, I wouldn't worry about it. The name of the file is OK - the letters are entered into the directory in the correct order, and if you show it in a BiDi aware application (say, konqueror or whatever file explorer you use), it will show properly.

There are terminal applications that support BiDi. This is usually not a very good idea because it tends to confuse issues with the cursor and mess up curses-based applications.

Personally, I actually prefer to work in non BiDi aware apps to enter data (e.g. Write HTML or localization files or whatnot). It's easier to tell which character is the 10th from the quote etc. even in a mixed string.