On Saturday 29 August 2009 16:52:49 Boaz Rymland wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Can anyone provide feedback on the following Acer laptop, or any other
> Acer Linux based laptops? (Interestingly, searching for "linux" word in
> laptop section in zap.co.il shows almost exclusively only Acer results:
> http://zap.co.il/models.aspx?sog=C-PCLaptop&keyword=linux).

My Acer Aspire 5102WLMi runs Ubuntu 64 bit 9.04 very well.

> In specific
> - how well all hardware goodies work in linux - power
> management/scaling,

I never noticed, but I know the hard disk stops spinning and the screen goes
black after a few minutes.

> wifi,

Beautifully. Atheros is a thing of beauty.

> bluetooth, card reader,

I never use those so I can't say.

Beautifully with one exception. It does NOT work with most video projectors in
X. Neither does my other Linux laptop. The fonts are very nice on the LCD
screen.

> , etc etc...

Sound works very nicely. Flash specific sites work just fine. I haven't used
the
built in webcam.

SteveT

Steve Litt