On Thursday, 8 בOctober 2009 23:31:11 geoffrey mendelson wrote:
> Edimax, is IMHO a better choice.

I bought a small Edimax access point some three years ago and
was happy to find out they complied with the GPL (sources
are readily available from their support page, and they
put the GPL license notice in the first page of the user manual
together with their own license notice).

Since I haven't used tp-link products before, I just checked
and easily found:
  http://www.tp-link.com/support/gpl.asp

Personally, I like to put my money where my mouth is --
How nice that we now have several embedded vendors complying
with free software licenses...
[looks like gpl-violations.org is doing a nice job, both Edimax
 and D-Link needed some help to remember their legal obligations.
 It looks like both are more careful now.]

Cheers,

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
o...@actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron