I remeber a few times where users of this mailing list were arguing that
ubuntu is a very problematic distribution.
I'm evaluating a distribution for developer desktop.
Ubuntu seems fitting mainly due to the hardware detection and the ease of
configuration. Also, it has up to date versions of many desktop packages.
I'll be happy to know which problems did you have with the Ubuntu
distribution.
Googling with Ubuntu problems etc, did not help me find any
*informative*list of problems.

(Obviously, this is *not *ment to be a discussion (or even worse, a flame
war) about which distribution is better, but a listing of common problems
typical to Ubuntu, and how are they solved with other distributions)