I left windows on my last remaining because I got tired of having to wait
hours for the virus scans every time I turned on the machine. True that was
with XP, but a company that thrives on market domination, corruption to
accomplish said domination, and is known to have bugs around for years, is
not someone who I trust with security. It is simply that security and
everything but the kitchen sink in the code, including legacy compatibility
and legacy code, do not go together.

I worked for a while at a software house, and we had to write code around MS
bugs because they would not fix them, even though we were a development
partner. These were not security bugs, but regardless, they were not
sensitive to the needs of their developers, except maybe the largest
customers.

I have never had any problems with any of my Linux installations, and only
one virus was ever found with my OS-X machines. In contrast, I had numerous
problems with my windows machines, even after fresh installs and updates.

That said, I don't think in this forum we should try and convince people or
convert them to what we think. If the gentleman is content with MS security
(and I am taking his words at face value, not a bait), let him use it and
enjoy the outcome.

Just my two cents.

Zvi.

Check out my web site - www.words2u.net