On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 17:35:57 +0300
Dotan Cohen <dotanco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 17:27, Evyatar Parker <evp55...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What Hebrew do you need? interface? fonts? keyboard?
> > I know people with Hebrew fonts and keyboard on Android 2.1 (and non Hebrew
> > UI), but maybe they payed the store to set it up for them.
> > Evyatar Parker
>
> Good question. I _need_ the ability to read and send SMS messages in
> Hebrew, and full read/write support for Hebrew in the web browser. I
> need Hebrew for my contacts names, file names, as well as the
> Calendar.
>
> I would prefer a Hebrew UI for the device, but I can live with the UI
> in English.
>

>From what I know (just researched this yesterday as I'm debating regarding
importing a new phone between blackberry, iphone and andoid, probably nexus
one, any recommendations?).

Anyway on point, as far as I can tell there is no official hebrew support on
either android 2.1 nor 2.2. There is an unofficial hebrew fonts package, but
you need to root your phone for that (and possibly void your warranty in the
process). As for a keyboard, there is the softkeyboard package
http://code.google.com/p/softkeyboard/