Hi,

Here is something interesting: Cellcom sells the Motorola Milestone, which
is Android 2.1 with full hebrew support.
I don't know any people inside Motorola who did the hebrew (or perhaps it
was done by a third party?), but maybe we can convince Motorola to donate
the hebrew modifications back to the android public tree?

If someone has a contact in Motorola which relates to Android development,
please send his contact details to me off the list. I'll email this guy :)

Thanks,
Hetz

2010/9/3 Noam Rathaus <no...@beyondsecurity.com>

> Hi,
>
> I have Froyo on Nexus One
>
> I can write and read Hebrew, by a root based crack (not a big deal to
> do - and very common procedure)
>
> The issue I see which is most annoying is mixed Hebrew with English and
> Numbers
>
> It has the classic transpose problem, where the number is written in
> opposite direction
>
> So it looks like so
> תתקשר אלי 32132190
>
> instead of
> תתקשר אלי 09123123
>

> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotanco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 17:27, Evyatar Parker <evp55...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> What Hebrew do you need? interface? fonts? keyboard?
> >> I know people with Hebrew fonts and keyboard on Android 2.1 (and non
> Hebrew
> >> UI), but maybe they payed the store to set it up for them.
> >> Evyatar Parker
> >
> > Good question. I _need_ the ability to read and send SMS messages in
> > Hebrew, and full read/write support for Hebrew in the web browser. I
> > need Hebrew for my contacts names, file names, as well as the
> > Calendar.
> >
> > I would prefer a Hebrew UI for the device, but I can live with the UI
> > in English.
> >
> > --
> > Dotan Cohen
> >
> > http://gibberish.co.il