On Monday 28 March 2011 at 15:07:02 (GMT+2) Udi Finkelstein <Linux-
i...@udif.com> wrote:

> Firefox does not upgrade without your permission.

That is not true here.

> Check under "Tools/Options/Advanced/Update", and set

There is no item resembling "Options" under Firefox>Tools here.

> "Ask me what I want to do"

Halevai.

> instead of
>
> "Automatically download and install the update".
>
> Udi
>
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Uri Even-Chen <u...@speedy.net> wrote:
> >
> > Firefox upgraded itself to 3.6.16 without my permission. I guess
> > most of plugins will not be compatible with Firefox 4.

The current habit is indeed to rush any new version to release, whether
or not the necessary supplement (plugins, addons) are available for it.

When I installed openSuSE v11.4, Firefox 4 (a release candidate!!!) came
with it without any offer of a atable alternative. I do not know what
kind of mind would inflict a release candidate when a stable 3.6.16 was
available. For what it's worth, I do not like FF4. It is loaded with
changes made for the sake of making changes, which seems to be a disease
od wpidemic proportions among Linux (at least)  developers in general.

> > Uri Even-Chen
> > Mobile Phone: +972-50-9007559
> > E-mail: u...@speedy.net
> > Website: http://www.speedy.net/