One of the things in which Linux diverges from Unix is Linux'
non-implementation of STREAMS.

STREAMS can roughly be described as a way to organize drivers dealing
with I/O.

Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STREAMS
Linux Journal article: http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3086

None of them has details about the reasons, which led Linux Kernel
developers to reject STREAMS.  STREAMS was only vaguely described as
poorly-designed and resource-consuming.

Where can I find, if it exists at all, the definitive article which
spells out the reasons for rejection of STREAMS?

--- Omer

--
Soylent Green is people!

I may be affiliated in any way.