On 21/05/2011 16:20, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> In Google Translate, below the main form, is this link:
> "Type text or a website address or translate a document."
>
> Thanks, Gadi, I did not know about that until you mentioned it!
Yeah, it was a big and helpful surprise for me too... thought I'd share
the love ;)
>> After eventually finding a manual for my dishwasher in German, I used Google
>> Translate to do this and finally figured out what all the beeping meant :)
> I'm still in suspense. What was all the beeping?

Uhh... it needed more salt.  I didn't know dishwashers used salt.  My bad.

For those who saw Google I/O, I'm waiting for the day when my dishwasher
will have Android @ Home support and can tell me wirelessly (and in
English!) what it needs :)

[For those that didn't, Google are launching a project where home
devices can communicate wirelessly, either via wifi or if not via
Google's own wireless protocol, with a central hub running Android.  As
I understood it, everything will be open sourced and no licenses
required to develop the hardware... which sounds fantastic to me.
Although obviously the primary development platform will be at a higher
level in Java (or via Dalvik VM, at least).  The technology is tiny, so
can, as they demonstrated, be built into an actual light bulb, as
opposed to replacing your actual switches.]

--

Gadi Cohen aka Kinslayer <dra...@wastelands.net> www.wastelands.net
Freelance admin/coding/design HABONIM DROR linux/fantasy enthusiast

//