On Saturday 21 May 2011 at 18:26:30 (GMT+2) Gadi Cohen
<dra...@wastelands.net> wrote:

> On 21/05/2011 16:20, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > In Google Translate, below the main form, is this link:
> > "Type text or a website address or translate a document."
> >
> > Thanks, Gadi, I did not know about that until you mentioned it!
>
> Yeah, it was a big and helpful surprise for me too... thought I'd
> share the love ;)
>
> >> After eventually finding a manual for my dishwasher in German, I
> >> used Google Translate to do this and finally figured out what all
> >> the beeping meant :)

Manufacturers of major appliances generally market their product
internationally, which mostly requires user instructions in English. I
have an Italian washing machine that came with the manufacturer's user
guide in Italian, Hungarian, and a number of more exotic languages, plus
the importer's badly written Hebrew translation -- nothing in English,
because the item is not marketed outside Israel (because nowhere else is
it customary for washing machines to heat their own water).  I had to
induce the importer to get me an English user guide for a model which is
virtually identical with mine save for the water heater. I have also
done similarly with a German vacuum cleaner. You could probably get the
manufacturer's user manual for your dishwasher by approaching the local
agent of the manufacturer.
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on