From: Richard Stallman <r...@gnu.org>
Date: 2011/6/6
Subject: Re: regarding your (cancelled) Israel visit
To: Hetz Ben Hamo ‫het...@gmail.com‬

I don't advocate a blanket boycott of Israeli universities, but I am
not going to campaign against it either.  I see where they are coming
from: Israel's occupation policies are horrible.  Nonviolent protests
are crushed with persistent brutality.  (See
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Columnists/Article.aspx?id=221897.)

Palestinians who are against violence are looking desperately for
some method of nonviolent resistance.  I can't blame them for it
even if I don't agree entirely with the details.  Thus, I decided
to follow their policies in the trip they organized.

I wish I had discussed the issue in advance and avoided
having to cancel a plan I had agreed to.

I will give at least one talk in Israel, at a non-university venue,
and I am hoping more can be arranged.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation